- - - - - - - - - - - -
The position is a global role and is responsible for L2 support activities around VDI. An individual is responsible for designing the solutions, evolve the current services to meet business requirements, maintaining and improving the security posture of environments, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Manage Incident, assess impact & confirm priority. Ensure technical & functional, provide solution to end-users, proposing workarounds if required. Informs end-users on the incident management progress, working closely with other resolution teams.
Manage Service Requests (SR) according to expected level of service. Handle SR execution or assign it to other contributors, informs end-users on SR fulfillment progress until its closure.
Operate daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly "housekeeping" activities. Use monitoring tools setup by Engineers & Service Owners, handle alerts & communicates with other contributors to minimize impacts on end-users
Contribute to the User Acceptance Test of the projects related to the Service Offering
Contribute to Knowledge articles & EUX Catalog updates. Update existing knowledge articles and known errors, create the missing ones.
Can work on a follow-the-sun mode
Contribute to the Service Offering continuous improvement, by identifying required improvement and automation.
Microsoft Endpoint Manager Current Branch
VMware Dynamic Environment Manager (DEM) and AppVolumes
VMware Horizon Cloud on Azure
Azure Cloud devops knowledge
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit /2012
Microsoft Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (ADK)
Knowledge and experience with virtual desktop and published application delivery using VMware Horizon View.
Experience with deploying VDI solutions utilizing Horizon View and managing Active Directory, Windows Server 2016/2019, and Windows 10.
Knowledge of vSphere, vSAN, NSX and F5 required and other VMware technologies is a big plus
Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and services such as: PCoIP, Blast, RDP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, NTP, and understanding of wider set of protocols.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and mission focus
Ability to work multiple projects and rapidly integrate and support new customers/environments Experience with the EMS suite:
Background in automation and scripting deployments (Powershell)
Background in operating systems management products (Intune, VMware etc.).
Background in Windows Desktop Management and Horizon Cloud
Good understanding of ITSM tool for Incident/Problem/Request/Change (Service Now).
Special skills / Certifications / Requirements if any
ITIL V4 Foundation
Customer satisfaction oriented.
Detail oriented, able to clearly communicate ideas and work as part of a team
Good written and verbal communication skills to co-ordinate tasks with other teams
Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong understanding of asset management processes and principles for tracking IT assets
Strong attention to detail
Ability to quickly adapt to changes
Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior
Creative, thinking outside of the box, eager to learn and truly committed to the success of the company
Must be able to work in a team environment with a “can do” attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills
Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
KEY EXPECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
• Incident Management Ø Identifies impact and validates priority. Ø Provides technical and functional analysis Ø Provides the solution to users. Ø Identifies and communicates potential workarounds. Ø Informs users on the status of incident processing. Ø Provides the link with level 3. Ø Continues from the handling of the incident until its closure.
• Service Request processing. Ø Takes into account RH requests Ø Processes RH or forwards it to a contributor Ø Informs users on the status of RH treatments. Ø Continues the treatment of the RH until its closure
• Contributes to the analysis of root causes linked to incidents, (Problem Management) Ø Participates or even leads the analysis of root causes of incidents. Ø Transmits the result to the contributors in charge of implementing the patches.
• Exploits the monitoring of services. Ø Exploits the monitoring set up by the construction and/or infrastructure teams. Ø Takes into account the alert and informs potential contributors to anticipate impacts on users
• Validates changes in production (change management) Ø Analyses exchange requests to measure their impact on users. Ø Rejects or accepts the change based on his/her analysis. Ø If the exchange is accepted, Inform users of the potential impacts if the exchange is acceptable. Ø If the exchange is rejected, provide arguments to the exchange coordinator.
• Contributes to the continuous improvement of applications. Ø Feed back to the development teams the potential improvements detected by the users or by themselves.
• Capitalizes the knowledge acquired. Ø Ensures the capitalisation of lessons learned from its activities.