Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Michelin has an immediate opening for an Industrial Engineer who will lead and run continuous improvement in productivity and innovation in areas that range from specific work posts to transverse processes. Michelin’s purpose is to support everyone’s right to move freely to find their better way forward. Our continuous improvement stimulates innovation and allows us to manufacture locally, which in turn, strengthens the local communities. Entry level training is provided by Michelin and will include formal classes and on-the-job mentoring under an expert area guide. If respect for people, teamwork
This opportunity is in Lexington, SC, one of the state’s fastest growing communities. In operation since 1997, our Michelin teams take pride in building the most innovative and longest lasting Earthmover tires on the market and always with the customer in mind. We are nestled in Lake Murray’s backyard and our central location to many of the state’s top vacation destinations makes for great day trips to enjoy with your families. Our community of over 800 team members work in a facility over 3 football fields in length and we are 1 of 2 Michelin plants forming the Lexington Site making our impact one of the largest and most versatile World-Wide. Our campus features amenities including a cafeteria, company gym, on-site credit union, trademark store and health center. We are committed to positively impacting the community through volunteer efforts and our purpose centers around driving excellence and innovation with our team at the heart of our organization. Come join our family today and stay for a career!
WHAT WILL YOU DO
· Develop, implement, and improve manufacturing processes, tools, equipment, and work activities, to meet and exceed the company's safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives by leading improvement projects and facilitating Kaizen/Lean events.
· Analyze and challenge existing procedures in areas of responsibility throughout the facilities, making recommendations, and working with the operational management to integrate solutions to improve the process.
· Make operational teams to be more autonomous about leading their progress by increasing the teams’ skills in organizational change, project management, and employee engagement.
Additional for Senior Level
· Build digital tools and dashboards that bring value for operational teams in getting results and eliminate wasted time and effort.
· Support Capital Projects as an integral team member in providing analysis to support optimized layout, flow, machine cycle, and staffing for new equipment and processes.
· Lead and support industry innovation initiatives that inspire such as Automatic Guided Vehicles, robotics, automation to simplify work, improve productivity and ergonomics, and reduce complexity.
· Additional responsibilities include facility workforce planning, productivity planning, machine capacity analysis, process effectiveness analysis, project management, expansion needs analysis, material flow analysis, developing and maintaining engineered time standards, value stream mapping, process flow and line balancing.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
· Demonstrated experience in leading a team or project group by setting clear goals, delegating tasks effectively, providing regular feedback/coaching, leading by example, and fostering a positive work environment. Military service (Junior Military Officer or Senior Non-Commission Officer) a plus
· Minimum of 1 to 3 years of industrial, manufacturing, maintenance, engineering, project, or related technical experience. For Entry Level, this can include internship, Co-op, apprentices, military service, or similar programs.
· Ability to influence and negotiate with others both in verbal and written forms.
· Ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision.
· Success in working with other people or team to meet a common objective.
· Good interpersonal skills to show appreciation, use empathy to understand, resolve disputes professionally, and to practice active listening skills.
· Developed and implemented project plans that met or exceeded expectations.
Additional for Experienced Level
· BS in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical major is preferred.
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in an Industrial Engineering role in a manufacturing or similar environment.
· Validated use of computer skills including experience with digital tools like MicroStrategy, Power BI, PI and PowerApps.
· Demonstrated project management skills in implementing process improvement projects.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!