Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Michelin is searching for an Industrial Engineer with strong experience in a manufacturing environment. As the Industrial Engineer, you will lead and manage the continuous improvement in productivity and innovation in areas that range from specific work posts to transverse processes.
Support and accelerate the success of progress initiatives by using Industrial Engineering tools and methods to improve productivity, eliminate waste, and advance the site innovation plan (Lean, DMAIC, Green Belt, Industry 4.0).
Make operational teams autonomous with regard to managing their progress by ensuring appropriate levels of change management, project approach, and employee engagement.
· Utilizes Industrial Engineer techniques and Lean concepts with the intent of improving process flows, reducing operational expenses, and improving productivity through leading Green Belt projects and facilitating Kaizen events
· Develops, Implements and Improves manufacturing processes, tools, equipment and work activities, to meet and exceed the company's safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives
· Create digital tools and dashboards (OSiSoft Pi, MicroStrategy, Power Bi). that create value for operational teams in driving results and eliminate wasted time and effort
· Support Capital Projects as an integral team member in providing analysis to support optimized layout, flow, machine cycle, and staffing for new equipment and processes that are aligned to the site Polar Star
· Lead and support Industry 4.0 initiatives that inspire (AGV's, Robotics, and automation) by simplifying work, improving productivity and ergonomics, and reducing complexity.
· Analyze and challenge existing procedures in areas of responsibility throughout the facilities, making recommendations, and working with the operational management to integrate solutions
· Provides guidance and support to operational management by identifying progress opportunities, supporting the Michelin Manufacturing Way, and helping to manage the annual plan and progress plan
· Additional responsibilities include facility manpower planning, productivity planning, machine capacity analysis, process effectiveness analysis, project management, expansion needs analysis, material flow analysis, developing and maintaining engineered time standards, value stream mapping, process flow and line balancing
· BS in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical major
· Minimum of three to five years of industrial or manufacturing related engineering experience. Equivalent internship, Co-op or project experience is acceptable.
· Demonstrated leadership experience: military (Junior Military Officer (JMO)) a plus
· Project management experience
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision. Demonstrated solid teamwork, inter personal and planning skills
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!