Michelin is hiring!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Come join our team at the largest rubber manufacturing plant in the world located in Anderson, SC. Our plant produces rubber for all types and sizes of tires (passenger car, light truck, truck, mining) as well as metallic and textile tissue products and bead wire. Every single Michelin tire manufactured in North America contains a product manufactured at our Anderson plant!
Job Description Summary
Design/modify and deploy the equipment to achieve industrial performance requirements at the best ratio of value and cost.
Projects planned include improvements deploying Machine Vision and AI, Automated Material Handling, and Robotic Packaging.
Additionally, this role will ensure & progress the performance in their area of responsibility using Michelin Manufacturing Way (MMW), applying process best practices, and supporting global digital and automation initiatives.
Job Description / Expectations
· Lead and conduct opportunity studies to define efficient mechanical and automation improvements.
· Collaborate, design, install, and commission solutions. Manage the design in accordance with Michelin best practices (design standards, quality system, documentation).
· Support troubleshooting of solutions.
· Support to ensure Intellectual Property (IP) is processed.
· Share and support the deployment of solutions.
Additionally, this role will support site progress:
· Delivered products are compliant with quality planning models and are manufactured in compliance with quality obtention standards. Sound MMW practices are applied.
· Quality and productivity performances comply with goals defined by the shop. Right the first-time principles are applied.
· Customer risks, product compliance and quality performance risks are anticipated. Actions to reduce risks are implemented.
· All complaints, non-conformities, nonstandard situations, and performance shifts are processed appropriately. Effectiveness of implemented actions is demonstrated. Causes of anomalies and nonperformance are resolved and are input into the progress plan.
· The production, maintenance, and quality teams are supported as a contributing leadership member.
Required / Developing Competencies
· Teamwork & Problem Solving
· Project Management
· PLC programming
· Drives, motion control, and robotics
· Networks, principally Ethernet, but knowledge on DH+, ControlNet, DeviceNet and IOLink an asset
· Risk analysis, FMEA, ISO Standards
· Michelin Electrical Standard and programming Standard, CSA standards and IS0 standard
· Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic drawings
· MS Office
· Engineering Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in a manufacturing setting
· Role works within a high performance, winning environment.
· Previous experience required
· Some international travel is required (<10%)
· A formal training and development plan will be organized
· English is required (French is a plus)
· Work schedule is typically day-shift, M-F.
Inspire Motion for Life: Apply Today!
As the leading mobility company, we work with tires, around tires and beyond tires to enable Motion for Life. Dedicated to enhancing our clients’ mobility and sustainability, Michelin designs and distributes the most suitable tires, services and solutions for our customers’ needs. Michelin provides digital services, maps and guides to help enrich trips and travels and make them unique experiences. Bringing our expertise to new markets, we invest in high-technology materials, 3D printing and hydrogen, to serve a wide a variety of industries—from aerospace to biotech. Headquartered in Greenville, South Carolina, Michelin North America has approximately 23,000 employees and operates 34 production facilities in the United States and Canada.
MICHELIN® tires have been ranked the #1 Tire Brand across major categories and segments by industry experts and consumers alike. For nearly three decades we’ve been recognized for our achievements in Customer Satisfaction, Performance, Durability, Technology and Innovation.
Michelin cares for the personal and professional development of its employees. We support career advancement through various options, which include: skill and career development, training, career exploration and work with cross-functional teams. We offer the possibility of a varied and fulfilling career path in an environment where unique contributions are valued.
Michelin offers 10 Business Resource Groups (BRGs) which are all-inclusive groups created and led by employees who have shared life experiences across various diversity dimensions. Each group supports business strategies and initiatives along with meeting the needs of members. The goal of each group is to help employees feel welcome and included, support employee engagement and encourage professional development. BRGs also provide cross-cultural support, career management resources and opportunities for community involvement.
Michelin provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. Consistent with these obligations, Michelin also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.
Get in the driver’s seat and be on your way to a meaningful professional journey!